Due to persistent vandalism, account creation has been suspended. If you would like an account, please contact Charlie Reams on Apterous.
Episode 595 was broadcast on 22 June 1987, and was the first quarter-final of Championship of Champions III.
Harvey Freeman played Michael Stephenson, with Harvey Freeman winning 44 – 36. The Dictionary Corner guest was Sally James, and the lexicographer was Della Thompson.
Freeman solved the conundrum in less than one second, the first recorded instance in which any contestant did so.
- 9-round games
- Episodes in Championship of Champions III
- Championship of Champions quarter-finals
- Episodes presented by Richard Whiteley
- Episodes with Cathy Hytner as co-presenter
- Episodes with Carol Vorderman as arithmetician
- Episodes with Della Thompson as lexicographer
- Episodes with Sally James as a guest