Masters Series 2
Countdown Masters Series 2 ran from April 1990 to March 1991, concurrently with Series 20 and 21 of Countdown. It was won by Andrew Fisher. From the third week, the scheduled broadcast time was moved again, to 9:19 am.
Episodes M54, M55 and M91 in Masters Series 2 were played over only four days instead of the usual five, as a result of games not being broadcast on certain days during the Christmas and Easter holiday seasons. The system of using the highest score of the series to determine the winner of the dictionaries was maintained, however, despite players in the four-day episodes being at a marked disadvantage for obtaining it: had Robert Coton (one such player) solved an additional numbers game and conundrum, and obtained a nine in the letters round, he would have won the series.
The participants, listed by the series with which they are most commonly associated, are:
- Series 1: Christine Jones, Michael Wylie
- Series 2: Phil Appleby, Dixie Baird, Russell Byers, Pete Finley, Philip Nelkon, Joan Ross, Gary Roussak
- Series 3: Andrew Guy, Allan Simmons, Harry Venet
- Series 4: Brian Hudson, David Gillespie, Debbie Maguire, Sydney Price, Robert Richland, Mike Willis, Colin Woollard
- Series 5: Peter Evans, Jane Smith, Robert Violett
- Series 6: Sheila Alder, Colin Davis, Malcolm Erridge, Helen Grayson, Olivia Lloyd-Potts, Neil Wilkins
- Series 7: Ian Bebbington, Robert Coton, Tim Davies, Jean Fish, Gary Franks, Clive Freedman, Julian Hough
- Series 8: Clive Spate, Anthony Butcher, Tony Clarke, Andrew Fisher, Leslie Preston, Sandie Simonis
- Series 9: David Trace, Geoff Taylor, Eddie Murphy, David White
- Series 10: Elisabeth Jardine, Les Martin, Mike Percik
- Series 11: John Clarke, Diana Beasley, Marianne Croll
- Series 12: Stephen Balment
- Series 13: John Clark, Nita Marr
- Series 14: Ian Cook, Eleanor Crosby, Stephen Deakin, Frank Houston
- Series 16: Tony Vick, Edna Dale, Jenny Haldane, Maxine Keegan, Roger Wales, Steve Williams
- Series 17: Lawrence Pearse, Alex Pearse, Evan Simpson
- Series 18: Rajaretnam Yogasagarar, Jonathan Anstey, Richard Evans, Clive Everill, Mandi Hale, Leslie Martin, Keith Pottage, Shirley Scott, Tom Dudley, Mark St John London, Derek Stuart-Clark, Bill Taylor, David Ware
- Series 19: Michael Wareham, Sunil Bowry, Neil Collins, Mark Cooper, Gino Corr, John Cruickshank, John Cruse, Maureen Harmer, Iqbal Hussein, Linda Keen, Steve McNab, Linda Munden, Joan Orchard, Roger Smith, Brian Speet, John Young
- Series 20: Liz Barber, Roy Bendall, Maurice Binks, George Head, Denys Hollis, Richard Hooke, Stephen Mack, Billy Ward
Series champions are displayed in bold and appear first for each series, then each contestant appears alphabetically.
Only the top five are shown.